Herbal Hair Serum: Design, Development & Evaluation
Lata Saini, Arun Kumar*, Aaliya Naaz, Akram Ali, Pragati Saxena and Vijay Singh
June 28, 2023
DOI : 10.56831/PSMPH-03-073
The hair follicle is known to be the most important organ in the mammalian system, determining appearance, gender difference, providing severe temperature protection, and playing a part in self-defense. Many lifestyle-related changes, such as fatigue, anxiety, junk food consumption, and the use of various hairstyling/coloring methods, have caused serious hair loss difficulties in the younger generations. The thinning of one's hair In most situations, it is not transient, but it causes alopecia. Due to excessive anxiety and tension, many people suffering from hair loss seek different remedies, ranging from mythology to conventional and therapeutic healing to the use of minoxidil and finasteride. Hair root activation is necessary to improve hair development and prevent hair loss.
Keywords: Hair stimulant; Hair loss; serum
- Ansari SH and Ali M. “Hair care and herbal drug”. Indian J Nat Prod 13.1 (1997): 3-5.
- Rathi V., et al. “Plants used for hair growth promotion: A review”. Phcog Rev 2.3 (2008): 165-167.
- Begum R and Begum A. “Preparation and evaluation of herbal hair oil”. Int J of Res and Anal Reviews 6.1 (2019): 266-9.
- Rathi V., et al. “Plants used for hair growth promotion: A Review”. Phcog Rev 2.3 (2008): 165-167.
- Price VH. “Treatment of hair loss”. N Eng. J Med 341.13 (1999): 964-973.
- Sinclair R. “Male pattern androgenetic alopecia”. BMJ 317.7162 (1998): 865-869.
- Orasan MS., et al. “Hair loss and regeneration performed on animal models”. Clujul Med 89.3 (2016): 327.
- Abell E. “Embryology and anatomy of the hair follicle”. Dis Hair Growth (1993): 1-19.
- Kirsten Nunez. Hair Serum Benefits and How to Use (2020).
- Elea Carey. How to Use Olive Oil for Hair Care (2019).
- Rogers NE and Avram MR. “Medical treatments for male and female Pattern hair loss”. J Am Acad Dermatol 59.4 (2008): 547-566.
- Ali BH and Blunden G. “Pharmacological and toxicological properties of Nigella sativa”. Phytother Res 17.4 (2003): 299-305.
- Majdalawieh AF, Fayyad MW and Nasrallah GK. “Anti-cancer properties and mechanisms of action of Thymoquinone, the major active ingredient of Nigella sativa”. Crit Rev Food SciNutr 57.18 (2017): 3911-28.
- Yousefi M., et al. “Comparison of therapeutic effect of topical Nigella with Betamethasone and Eucerin in hand eczema”. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 27.12 (2013): 1498-504.
- Halligudi N. “Pharmacological properties of Flax seed: A Review”. Hygeia J D Med 4.2 (2012): 70-7.
- Manjula D., et al. “Formulation and evaluation of flaxseed hair gel: A natural hair Tamer”. Int J Res Pharm Chem 8.3 (2018): 487-91.
- Saleem U, Sabir S and Ahmad B. “Protective role of Nigella sativa in chemotherapy induced alopecia”. Bangladesh J Pharmacol 12 (2017): 455-62.
- Zhang Q. “Development of citrus peel ethanolic extract shampoo”. IOP ConfSer: Mater SciEng (2019): 1-6.
- Erukainure OL., et al. “Orange peel extracts: Chemical characterization, Antioxidant, antioxidative burst and phytotoxic activities”. J Diet Suppl 13.5 (2016): 585-94.
- Zhang Q. “Development of citrus peel ethanolic extract shampoo”. IOP Conf Ser: Mater SciEng (2019): 1-6.